Window choices are NOT simple, nor are they “standard”. Style considerations. Material choices (vinyl, fiberglass, wood, aluminum). And with 30% of a home’s energy potentially lost through windows, energy technologies (glass packages, Low-E, efficient seals, frame materials). Our consultants will help you navigate these replacement window choices for a customized, long-term value solution for your home. When considering replacement windows, knowledge is power.
- Slashes slide vertically
- Unlike in a single-hung window, both sashes slide
- Screens are on the exterior
- Hinges are located on one side
- Low air leakage rates due to tighter seal
- Screens are on the interior
- Combination of three or more panes
- Center made of one or more windows, parallel with wall
- Outer Windows angled back toward wall
- Similar to bay windows, but with additional panes
- Panels radiate out to form a semi-circle
- Similar to single and double-hung windows, but turned on their side
- Either one or both sashes move by sliding horizontally
- Similar to casement windows, but hinged at the top
- Open outward
- Large, single center panel, flat
- Optional side panes
- Box-style window that extends outside exterior walls
- Most common in kitchen area
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
The Charles Window & Door staff was professional, thorough, and accommodating. They not only did high-quality work, but it was obvious they cared about the customer experience. They even offered to come back and fix some areas of trim and siding after I get my garage doors and decks installed, because I didn’t realize that not having those things completed would affect the siding job. I was very impressed with the company, quality of work, and customer service.
Beginning with the sales person, who had all the right answers and ideas, it was a very positive experience. Due to the location of the house, the installation was a very challenging one. The installers, led by a real craftsman, came up with a very impressive installation. None of the problems usually associated with remodeling contractors had to be endured. Even the paperwork and other administrative contacts were very positive. A very recommendable company indeed.
Charles Windows & Door made installation of our windows a very welcoming experience, from meeting with the estimator to the installation of the windows. We would highly recommend this company for your home projects—they are the best.
I have used this company several times over the years for windows and siding. They have always given me a competitive price and delivered expert craftsmanship and quality. I would recommend Charles Windows without hesitation to anyone seeking a good quality window job.
I wanted someone who could do the whole thing and provide service. I expect people to be timely and mean what they say. I went with Charles because I wanted the look, and I got what I expected.
ADDITIONAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Eichlers have been a specialty of ours for over 20 years. As the industry recognized expert, CWD offers solutions that preserve their style and authenticity while upgrading energy efficiency, ensuring water tightness and enhancing the houses’ overall beauty.
Charles specializes in window, door and siding design challenges of a fine home, such as hill and water settings, multi-levels, historical preservation issues, maximizing views for grandeur, and architectural consistency.