How to Clean Fingerprints off Any Glass Surface
Having beautiful, energy-efficient windows is a great look in a home, but what about when they’re covered with fingerprints? Sure, it’s wonderful to have a glass top table for numerous reasons, but what about the fact that fingerprints can make it look dirty? As experienced professionals in the window industry, those of us at Charles Window have some simple tips to help you remove fingerprints from various glass surfaces.
Start with a glass-cleaning kit
First, we recommend creating a glass cleaning kit. It allows you to quickly grab what you need if you need to get rid of fingerprints in a rush. Do you have a friend drop by but need to quickly clean the table? Your glass-cleaning kit is up to the challenge. Some things you may want to include in this kit could be:
- Your favorite glass cleaner
- Cotton cloth
- Microfiber cloth
- Dish soap
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
If you’re making plans to clean your windows or other glass surfaces, we also recommend picking up a grapefruit. This shouldn’t be stored in your glass-cleaning kit because it will eventually rot.
Use the right product for different surfaces
Once you have the basics gathered, you can look at what type of surface you want to clean and then get the things you need.
- TV Screen. The only thing you need to clean a TV screen is a microfiber cloth. No cleaner is required and in fact many cleaners can damage newer TVs.
- Windows. When cleaning windows, start by brushing off any debris. For example, if you have cobwebs around your windows, get rid of them first. Then spray the window with glass cleaner. Use a white cotton cloth to wipe down the window, or use old newspaper. Either way, make sure you rub until it’s dry or you may end up with streaks.
- Stovetops. If you have a glass stovetop, we recommend starting with your regular dish soap and a white cotton cloth. If you’re having trouble getting it clean with just those products, try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
- Shower door. If your shower door has gotten grimy, mix together the juice of a grapefruit and salt. Not only will it clean your shower door but it’ll make your bathroom smell great too!
- Eyeglasses. When cleaning eyeglasses, only clean them with a white cotton cloth. If you have very stubborn fingerprints, then you can use cleaner but make sure it’s designed specifically for glasses.
If you have questions about how to take care of your windows then Charles Window is here to help!